Monday, February 13, 2006

What am I doing these days!

Jayachandra's Blog
Days haven't been so easy for me. My dear sis Neelu is pregnant and wishes that this time my dad and mom to be present by her side in U.S at the time of delivery and during the following convalescence period. My parents so far don't have their passports. It might sound strange, but they never faced a need for that so didn't bother 'bout them. Now the need arised and arised on such an urgent basis that we all are simple awaiting for the passports to fall in hand as much magically early as possible. The reason for the anxiety is that the visa appointment date booking needs a valid passport and the dates available have run into scarcity that at least a wait time of 130days is being observed at Chennai U.S consulate, darn laggard consulate services, darn population of India, darn me, darn everything.
Every possible date available is being picked away right in front of our eyes, but this f)*^ing RPO office studs wouldn't stick to their ETA of 45days to one month since the date of applying i.e Nov 11 2005. Said ETA margin elapsed long back, about a good one and half month but still my dad's passport is not delivered. DISGUSTING services by these lazy laggards in all the related offices.
That's enough of vengence spill out on the world, but honestly we are the ones to be blamed for not having got those books for the past 56 and or 50 years.
Now this urgency slowly was transfered to me and I was given the task to get the passports out. Since then I've been calling and running around every Tom dick and harry who has some connections with the passport office directly or remotely, begging and requesting them. My mom's got delivered on Feb 10th and still my dad's passport is awaiting in the pipeline.
Getting the passports out isn't just the story... following that is the giant task of booking an early appointment date. Here the wait times as predicted, are mockering like orks in the face. Today I roamed around the VFS-India local hyderabad office and got some doubts clarified. Those clarifications essentially meant that there is no other option than to try your luck with the wait time at Chennai Consulate office and Chennai Consulate office alone for this tourist visa of my parents. Looks like my parents can only attend the Baby Shower ceremony than the actual delivery. Huh, God only knows!
Tomorrow is going to be another hectic day in trying to get at least a first page xerox copy of my dad's passport amidst managing the work I was given at office. Let me hope sincerely that God is on my side throughout.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't worry dude.. you can contact your VFS/TTS center for emergency appointment dates for visa.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Jayachandra said...

"Assisting pregnant daughters" is strictly not an emergency worth cause as per the consulate officials dude! That's the whole reason behind my agony.

5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home