Thursday, February 02, 2006

Attending cousin's engagement...

Jayachandra's Blog
Its Murali's (my cousin) engagement with Kalyani early in the Valentines Month. The function went well, except for the annoying delay by ladies in getting to the venue with the fruits and sweets. Early in the morning, I was asked to help with decorating the backdrop curtain and adjoining walls. And I did a decent job at it, if not great. The bride's father took care of everything the night before itself, so most of the program went smooth. Food was catered out. Btw, came to know many of my relatives are in interesting domains here in Hyderabad. I shared a light chat with many of them during the function. I was busy most of the time, but was enjoying it all fully.
There was something bizarre I noticed in relationships. A relative whom I call 'pedananna' is a 'tatayya' to another person who is at least 5 years elder to me. This might be b'coz I'm too young to be in the generation I am. Nevertheless, being young has a lot of advantage too :-). Everybody welcomed me into their discussion group without feeling reserved.
My mom came with a packed schedule. Following this engagement function she went to attend a marriage in Kukatpally and boarded bus back to Guntur dt. right from that marriage venue. Situation didn't permit her to come to my room this time.
The marriage was decided to be on 15th Feb at Guntur. Satyanarayana Vratham is on 17th at Siripuram. I was asked to be there a couple of days in advance. But currently here at work, our remote stake holder Michael Stricklen came to sit and work with the team. And manager requested everybody to be present at work during his stay, i.e. till 18th. Don't know how it is going to turn out... if I would get leave or not, and if I had to bear the wrath of my manager. If at least on 15th and 17th I get leave I would be content, even if that means coming back to work on 16th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home