Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Yet another surprize!!!

I gave Deepthi a surprize yesterday. When I was first invited for a dinner on December 8th to her home I went with an archies photo frame gift. In the due conversation that day I found out, the family is missing very much that kodak-moment snap of Sangal Sir presenting to Deepthi her B.Tech(CSE) degree. I quickly recollected that I asked Sashikumar, my senior and good friend, to take snaps of myself and all my friends when we were receiving our degree at our convocation ceremony. He did a good job for my friends but unfortunately missed taking the snap when I was on stage :-(. Well, thats a different story all together. After dinner I returned to my room and the next day in my room I searched for those graduation time photos and there IS this much desired photo where Deepthi is receiving her degree. I retained it as my personal copy but then I felt it is more apt to be in her home than with me (anyway I've its negative copy). I did decide to give away the photo but wanted to give it in my style of surprize. I became busy in my work, the issue got diluted and for about ten days I completely forgot about it. Yesterday before starting to my office I somehow got reminded of this photo thingy. And I quickly cooked up a plan. Its past 9:30a.m and there isn't any remote possibility that Deepthi is going to be still at home, unlike me she is always punctual to office. So I went right away to home, telephoned Deepthi's home number from outside the apartments gate, to be sure at least there is someone at home. Aunty lifted the phone and asked me to come over. Took the lift, reached home, opened the almirah where my photo frame is present. Thank God! no other photo was put into it. The default scenary which came with the frame is still adorning the frame. I quickly unscrewed it, slid this invaluable snap behind the default sceenary so that it remains hidden untill Deepthi comes and finds it. Then had a light chat with aunty, had a cup of milk and moved back to my office. At office I framed a simple riddle and mailed it to Deepthi before she left her office for the day. For the shrewd mind that she has, the puzzle was just a peanut to crack. But, though the puzzle was easy, I'm sure the surprize with which it brought her the most craved photo of her life will make her remember the whole episode. The puzzle goes like this...

DEEPS PUZZLE
************
The second thursday this December sure added more glass to ur home
Go get that transparent yet opaque piece into ur hands
For it holds something dear that you very much desire
Worry not that 'once in a life time' moments aren't captured
Though my kodak-lens missed mine it sure caught yours
Remember! things are not always blatant, but you have to 'explore'
Or else you may still not possess what's already in your hand.

Clue:
I made the riddle as easy as it can be, for I don't want you to resort to your mom
to hint you on this as well.

2 Comments:

Blogger Questions all around said...

NOhey i am just a anaonymous visitor to your blog but this is something i can say to be an expertise ........
the riddle u posed to deepthi was awesome, though lucid it was the perfect blend of mesmerising words to describe it...

2:29 AM  
Blogger Questions all around said...

hey i am just an anonymous visitor to your blog
but it is something i can say ot be an expertise .........
particularly the riddle u posed to deepthi was awesome ... though lucid to make it easy to unravel the truth underneath... it was a perfect blend of mesmerising words...
enjoy blogging

2:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home