Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Heights of amateurism...

I wanted to resort to the good old grevocab page of sidie, best buddy, Santhosh Narayana. I sometime back checked his current ufl site and by a redirection from there, or may be directly from there I downloaded the zip package of his grevocab site. Now I desperately want to get back to those grevocab tools, and so I decided to set up the whole thing on my local tomcat. After dumping the exploded contents in ROOT folder and accessing the index.shtml I realised that the links/buttons aren't actually functioning because I don't have PHP on my webserver. Then a whole half day I explored to set PHP up and that too on Tomcat. But I wasn't fully successfully, rather I wasn't even partially successfully. And just before I was about to shun the idea that there is no way I can have the gre vocab tools site for my use, I visited santhosh's web site on good old 200 website to see how it looks and good God, it still has the grevocab tools page up and running. Now I feel what I did the whole of yesterday afternoon is sheer futile bull-shit. This basic research I should have done a lot earlier, isn't it? Anyways R&D can never be waste, I came to know a few facts of PHP set up on Windows. I guess it would only help me sometime in future positively.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home