Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Doing things differently

Poor Durga Prasad, my friend and office colleague and who resides just in the flat beneath mine has lost his ID card. Its actually misplaced, and a team mate sneaked to play a prank on him. While going home, he deposited the card with me asking me to give it to DP when I go home. I hinted DP that his card is not lost and is safe at one of the team member and he needn't panic. However, I didn't leak the name with whom it is, instead I asked another fellow team mate to mail him the following 3 hinting puzzles, whose answer words when arranged in a fashion would give him an idea as to who holds the card presently. It was fun designing the puzzle. Here I'd like to copy paste the mail sent a few hours back to his mail box

*****
Solve the puzzle(s) to get hints for your id card.

Hint1: I as you call?
Hint2: arrange the letters to form a meaningful English word - S I E R D E
Hint3: if two freely falling bodies having masses m1=10.227kg and m2=4.773kg start in air simultaneously at 900m above the ground but with different initial velocities u1=2.36m/s and u2=2.18m/s. After t=6.684 seconds, m1 is ______ m2.

Arrange answers for the three hints to get a master hint, solving which you would get to know which person has your id card.

Thanks
Your well wisher
*****
Master hint should be
YOU RESIDE BELOW? which would hint that I have his ID card

There is a purpose for this blog, beyond sharing the experiment and that is... in case he couldn't solve the 3 puzzles I'll design another vague hinting to this blog (rather easy one this time).

Jaya

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home