Tuesday, August 16, 2005

A Friend Forever!

Jayachandra's Blog
Today I sit here in my office, cursing my fate all the past week long. Vinod my next-to-ownself buddy is leaving to U.S of America today evening. He has been making his preparations (many at a reluctant pace than an enthusiastic one) all the past week. Call it job, or call it nagging granny with all her over concerned medical state, or call it Dad's visit, or call it the swamp of philanthropy that I dug myself deep into, or call it the CAT prep I've undertaken I couldn't even spend a few hours of lighter moment with my buddy whole of last week. I was there with him, just for the party he arranged for all the college friends. How mean of me! Sorry Vinod, I just couldn't make it. As you can see from the past so many years of our interaction, loosing a chance to spend time with you would be the last thing I'd ever do. I was doomed to run out of free time.
Even if there was any remote chance, the subconcious worry I had might have not even let me see it as a chance to meet Vinod. The worry was... since the past 4 months I wanted to keep myself isolated from Vinni. So that neither would I go shock at his departure to U.S, nor would he. As the apothegm says it, to lessen the impact of nostalgia in either of our minds, being 'out of sight' is the best choice. But... good old days have so damn footprints that I couldn't still (after 1 month of isolation) accept the fact that I will not have Vinod by my side to watch a comedy movie. The day I want to freek out I wouldn't have him at a bike ride reach. The first mobile number I memorized and still remember almost as clearly as my own mobile number is 9848173538. It's a six year long relationship I had with that number. Last time I browsed through my phonebook trying to organize the content inside it, the idea that Vinod<->9848173538 mapping will have to be deleted, almost brought tears to me. But life should move on, it's worth living the night to welcome the sunrise. Same is the case here. I'm eagerly looking forward for our reunion whenever that is to happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home