Monday, July 18, 2005

Let me talk to myself!

Its time I accept Venkat's assessment of my performance at office with due seriousness.

I am falling short of my expectations. Just about a month ago, I've boomed to a better off position with my self-driven reforms in the way I work. This was, of course, aftermath of the bitter appraisal I got last April (compared to what I expected). It would have been lovable if I continued in the same tempo. What satanic evil came over upon me, I only don't know (may be I'm lieing here) but the productivity levels across last week days have gone alarmingly low. Especially after taking the ServiceAPI functionality onto the shoulders. Thanks to my PM for politely pointing to that, lest I would have continued to lax and doom myself into a laggard. I just can't afford to be so, one more time. I've assumed that role enough times and savoured myself with its bitter consequences 'n' number of times and I just don't want to undergo all that nasty phase one more time.
Another serious issue is my office timings. Just for the sake to be on time, I've moved from Miyapur to Madhapur at the cost of increased cost of living. Forgetting of that fact, I've recklessly disturbed my schedule by a clear 2hour margin. What am I achieving here? Just to be solaced by everyone that I am being in office past 9P.M and eventually I begin to think I'm working a lot, even though I don't move an inch in my work for 4 days in a row. Absolutely absurd! Okay, now I take this in a serious tone, unless there is some inevitable cause I would not be late to office even by 5 minutes. Sharp 9P.M I MUST be here. And unless my self longs me to continue my work, I'd not work beyond 7 or 7:30P.M in office.
On the efficiency levels at office. I believe I've made a lot of progress in being awake and working with vigor in the post lunch sessions also. I've to make it a point that I'd continue the same everyday and would not loose the tempo even a single day hence forth. Also it's enough social service that you are doing already, cut short your reasonless affection towards the orphanage home, at least in the things that you are doing at the cost of office prime time. This is the golden oppurtunity that you have in your hand to mould yourself into a person of extreme technical calibre. Use it to the fullest extent, giving a due attention to build your career on the management front as well.

Thanks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home