Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Imagining episodes of fun!

Someone said what can one plan about a birthday. That looked strange to me. Its once in an year that you get your birthday and the day when you can be all smiles whole day. How can one not think about it. Long back I've imagined how the scene would be on my birthday and I loved my imagination so much so that I penned down the whole episode that reeled through my mind. I did do that then, but not knowing exactly when it would come to use. But looks like this imagination I penned down can be used to answer someone now.
This is just a self imagination, though it never happened that way. But nevertheless, makes a good read.
Read on...

[START]
Its 23rd october and I was kind of excited about the day after, because its my birthday.
"Should I start my flat decoration now?", a question flashed in my mind. "Na Na let me keep it aside for tommorrow. Becuase doing it with all my friends would be more fun", thats the immediate answer to myself. Cake delivery is due only at 3P.M tommorrow. So all morning one can have fun at least in the name of flat decoration. How funny would it be to imagine Phanikumar holding the ladder on which Deepu is counting seconds as he efforts to stick a piece of ribbon to the ceiling, whose concentration is being constantly disturbed by Bindu pointing repeatedly at non existant locations on the ceiling to stick the paper at. Such prime locations (as she claims), which she only doesn't know, let alone Deepu locating them in such a critical position, are being suggested just for the fun of seeing Deepu's and Phanikumar's agony. Meanwhile as if to assist Deepu to identify the non-existant spot Phanikumar lifts his head and elongates his neck and when is about to take his right hand off the ladder to point at his interpretation of Bindu's description Deepu yells 'Orrreyyyy! nichena paduddi bey'. And everyone around burst in laughter. Having realized he was fooled Deepu climbs down without sticking the ribbon and asks Bindu to do the job as he watches the fun. For which Bindu adorns her standard template 'pleading, innocent' face and resorts to sentimental dialogues that appear convincing to Deepu, but put Jaya (me) in the trouble to stick that ribbon at the ceiling. Cleverly and secretly after coming to an understanding that Phani would hold the ladder with all due caution, JC climbs it up and sticks the already glued ribbon just for the sake of it and gets down in a giffy. As I congratulate my ownself at the nice way I stuck the ribbon others scorn their faces saying it was stuck a few miles left to where it should have been. Keeping self love aside, when I analyse the contour I too see the point. But then when I claim that it is all Phani's fault for not holding the ladder properly, he goes agape with that piece of apple that he greedily bit, almost dropping to floor, if only not caught by Vinod, relaxing on the floor with legs up in the air. Thrilled at the timing of the catch, Bindu says 'too much, Vinod!'. As she was expecting a cordial return to her compliments, on the contrary, Vinod reads out a detailed analysis of the situation and points out Bindu as the root cause for the mishap. This gets, except for Bindu, unanimous approval from all the members. And cashing her confusion, Deepu forcefully places the unclean plate in which fruit peels are lying astray and asks her to go and get it cleaned. Having none coming to her rescue, Bindu slowly walks towards the wash basin.... wah kya episode hai
[END]

Doesn't that sound as a good day of healthy fun. If yes, and if you don't have the habit of imagining, its time you start cultivating it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home