Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Friends! The treasure I possess

***********
I had huge plans to celebrate my b'day this year (October 24th). But not even one of my 6 good friends turned up to be with me on that day. There were some other friends around on that day, I did cut a cake, I did wear my new suit. But nothing could delight me. All my heart felt was that I was celebrating before zero audience. At least had one in those six been by my side I'd have cheered up a lot. So dry, passed my birthday. There is no fault from anybody. Everyone had their reason. And reasons are so strong that I (who is so adamant in attitude) myself couldn't ask them to stop their works and be present for my b'day. Three days (Oct 22nd,23rd and 24th) holidays in a row at this time of the year when its over 3 months since everyone is into their first job and haven't since been home all long, everyone would like to go home. Phani and Deepu long back planned their trips to home towns. Even I wanted to go home, if not for my birthday at that time of the year. So I didn't feel like stopping them. Vinod's grandma's first death anniversary amazingly coincided with my birthday and his father wanted him to be in Tanuka on that day. So he couldn't come. And the girls too had their own reasons. All in all no one could come, and at the same time no one including me could help that situation. So b'day went dry. I cursed my fate at the end of the day, and then soothed myself saying everyone's reason is a strong one. And after all, its no big deal than just one other b'day in a 100. I went to bed.
*************
The day after (October 25th), I woke up in a pretty usual way. Had yesterday been anything memorable or different I would have reminded about it to myself. But since it didn't go any special I didn't have any traces in my mind that its the next day after my birthday. I was in the same mindset when Deepu called me in the afternoon and said, he was coming to TCS building to take a file from Naresh. I was in the same mindset when he again called me in the evening and said Phanikumar and himself want to meet me now that they are close to my office at Durgam Cheruvu. I agreed and I had no clue that they are going to surprise me. I even said, "Bindu stays nearby she would also meet you ppl. Shall I get her along from her office when I come down". He said "okay!" in a very casual style that I could no way get a hint that I'm going to pick up the actual master mind behind the surprise that I'm about to experience.
I went to Raheja IT Park and picked Bindu and went to Durgam Lake, where I found a whole bunch of them already awaiting our arrival. There's Vinod, Deepu, Visu, Naresh, Phanindra and later Phanikumar joined (actually this guy was sent earlier to pick Bindu to the venue, it turned out that I intervened in between to do his job). Only after seeing the gathering and the gift packs at a distance I understood they gathered to celebrate my birthday. It was a total surprise to me. I cut the cake they brought. This time my dressing isn't any great, neither is the day October 24th but I really felt that I'm *truly* celebrating my birthday. On my ride back to my flat that evening I critically thought and realized how lucky I am for having such a nice friends circle for me.
*************
I feel so great in the company of friends. They might not shower dollars on me, but if they are away I feel like I lost something valuable and precious. They might not solve my problems, but worries remain at a distance when I'm in their company. None of them is a bully in personality, but I feel very strong when I'm with anyone of them. They are no energy syrup, but I overpound in tremendous enthusiasm and vigor when they (and only they) are around. I'm not a cheff, but I feel like experimenting cuisines when we all meet in some den (flats where we individually live). Its no great thing if Vinod resides in Madhapur, still I feel to quit the regular work and be there with him in the evenings. Its more than a pain to drive 30kms to KundanBagh on a saturday (weekend) morning, still to meet Deepu and Phanikumar I don't mind risking it. I know very well that I'd late by an hour post lunch to attend office, but still I'd try to snatch a quick lunch with Deepthi at Minerva whenever I go towards Somajiguda in the afternoon.Every time Bindu and I eat at Chilli Peppers ambience is all the same, but still I'm enthrilled to go out for a dinner with her. Mails are quite a common thing, but even an casual "Hi" from Pranathi makes me defer my bug fixing and reply to it.
That's me, that's the way I'll be.

Signing off
Jaya

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home