Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Vehicle Registration Process under Kondapur RTO region

Of late, despite having free time, I've been away from blogging. What was I really doing in all that free time I had between jobs? Answer is... I adventured to get our car registered myself without paying a penny to any broker (YESSSS I did it!). In the process I gained a lot of IP that I would like to share to help fellow enthusiasts looking for such information.

(Assuming that you bought a new vehicle from an authorized dealer and made all payments to him and are in good terms with him, blah blah blah...)
1. Ask the showroom/dealer to give you a docket of documents that include Road Tax payment receipt, Invoice original, Insurance paid receipt, Form 21, if you got it financed then a couple of documents financer shares with the dealer etc.
2. If you plan to get a special number, then

a. Go to Attapur RTA office (RTO activities are computerized in Hyderabad, and Attapur is the regional hub in this part of the city to make any special entries into the system like blocking a number against an applicant etc) – address is to the left side of road at Pillar number 143 of PV Narasimha Rao Expressway flyover when going towards Shamshabad from Mehdipatnam side
b. Collect the application (costs Re.1) for special number reservation just at the office entrance.
c. Go into the office and spot the charts that are nailed to the pillars which tell what is the price of each special number. If you had a number in mind, see what it’s price is, any unlisted number can be reserved by paying a DD for Rs.5000/- (for car) and 2000/- (for bike) I guess.
d. If you want to chose a number from available numbers. Find out in another notice board where on that particular day what all numbers are available for reserving (it will be a list of 1000 numbers with some of them being already reserved and marked as unavailable). In that list itself the series prefix (viz. AP 28DC or AP 28 DD )that is applicable to those number will be mentioned on the top.
e. Take a DD on the name “Secretary RTA, Rangareddy” for the amount applicable to the number you chose.
f. Fill the application form with the temporary registration and the desired permanent registration (running series number followed by the chosen number), the DD amount and DD particulars.
g. Submit the application before 1p.m at Counter 1
h. Wait until 3p.m if anybody else on that same day requested for the same amount, in which case an auction sorts will happen at 3p.m and if you desperately want the number then you bid more than the other contestant and secure the number.
i. If there is no clash to the number you requested and or you secured the number by bidding more than the others you would be given a letter confirming that the permanent number is reserved on your name.


3. If you have a Form-20 prepared by your dealer annex to it the docket of documents given by dealer (if you don’t have Form-20, collect a new vehicle registration application form and fill it and annex the documents) and submit at the RTO Kondapur office counter, along with Address Proof (telephone bill) and ID proof documents (PAN card/Voter ID card) of the vehicle owner and a self addressed envelope in which you would be receiving your RC card. The clerk will verify and ask for any missing documents. He will ask the vehicle owner to sign on an electronic pad which will appear on RC card.
4. If you have secured your number by reserving it earlier (refer Step 2) attach to the set of documents (as the top most document) the Attapur RTA given order letter.
5. Applications are received at Kondapur RTO office only till 1p.m for new vehicle registrations
6. All the applications received on a particular day are arranged serially in alphabetical order and given registration numbers as per the rolling series. In case you’ve reserved the number (refer Step 2) that number is allotted to you.
7. Your RC card is prepared and couriered to you using the self addressed envelope you annexed along with the application documents
8. Show the RC and get two number plates (one for vehicle front and one rear) from “Veerigaadu & Co. Art Works and signboards” and put them on your vehicle and ... dummu repuko po!

29 Comments:

Anonymous Atul said...

Hi Jayachandra, I came across your blog while searching for vehicle registration process.I had a question hope you will be able to answer it.If i don't want a special number do i still have to go to Attapur ? or can i directly go to Kondapur RTA and get it done.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Jayachandra said...

Hi Atul,
If you don't need a special number you need not pay a visit to Attapur and get everything done at kondapur office itself.

6:35 AM  
Anonymous ramakrishna reddy said...

dear mr.jayachandra
thank you for the information posted about special number.
if i apply for any special number on a perticular day and secure the number from RTA attapur same day, then is it mandatory to get the vehcle registered on the same day at kondapur or i can do it on any convenient day ?

10:42 PM  
Blogger Jayachandra said...

Hi Ramakrishna,

I think you can get it done within 15days from securing the number. The slip that you receive stating that you havve been granted so and so number will mention before when you got to get the final registration done at the RTA office.

3:44 AM  
Anonymous Mohd said...

thnaks for the info...

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mr Jayachandra,

Please let me know if I can go for a learner licence at kondapur.

Thanks
Raju

11:37 PM  
Blogger Ramesh said...

hello there is it necessary to go to kondapur or can i get registered my vehicle in attapur as i stay near attapur or compulsary i have to go to kondapur pl kindly guide me as im new to this city

11:28 AM  
Blogger Ramesh said...

is it necesary to go to kondapur can i get registered my vehicle in attapur or i can only get registered in kondapur pl kindly guide me as im new to this city and dnt knw wat to do even tht idiot company person also didnt guide me wat to do where to go here i read ur blog and understud tht can be registered any where or jst in kondapur

11:29 AM  
Blogger Jayachandra said...

Hi Ramesh,
The vehicle registration can be done in Attapur as well I guess, if they have the necessary provision. Best way to find out is from your car dealer who sold you the car as to in what RTA jurisdiction should this car be registered. Basically car should be registered in the RTA jurisdiction that the owner's address locality falls into. For my case, since the owner's address for my car falls into Kondapur RTA jurisdiction I had to visit that office.

5:46 AM  
Blogger ksskhere said...

Hi Jayachandra,

Thanks for the information. I would like to know is it possible to know what number would be allocated to us as u said the registration applications would be sorted alphabetically and then alloted a number if we don't chose to have a special number.Based on that we can decide to go for special combination or not.

2:36 AM  
Blogger ksskhere said...

Hi Jayachandra,

Thanks for the information. I would like to know is it possible to know what number would be allocated to us as u said the registration applications would be sorted alphabetically and then alloted a number if we don't chose to have a special number.Based on that we can decide to go for special combination or not.

2:36 AM  
Blogger ksskhere said...

thanks

2:39 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

Hi Jaychandra,

My husband got a new car and when he went for registration at Kondapur they said there is already a vechicle on his name. But this is the first time he got a vechicle. They showed my husband's name and his dad's name correctly but they are not showing the full surname.They are just showing the initial. We are not sure how this happened. Now we have to pay Rs.15,000 for tax to get regsitration. How can we get out of this problem with out paying tax.

12:46 AM  
Blogger rhino said...

hi Jayachandra,
I am living in a rented house. If I submit electricity bill of my house(which is in owner's name). Is it ok?

9:53 AM  
Blogger Gyan said...

Hi Jayachandra! Nice article :) One query - is DD compulsory evenif I do not want a special number? I mean, can I make payment by cash?

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Sooraj said...

Hi Jayachandra,

Thanks for the post. I am new to Hyderabad. I just wanted to ask if you know the process of getting a car from another state tax paid in Kondapur RTA. is it better to go through Agent. I have heard its a bit easier in Kondapur without agents compared to other RTAs

2:46 AM  
Blogger Sambhav said...

Hi,

I brought a new car from delhi with temporary registration and want to register it in hyderabad. RTO officials are saying I need to pay the difference in VAT 2% (14.5% in Hyderabad - 12.5% in Delhi) at the commercial tax office first and than only registration process can start. Do you have any idea about what they are saying is correct. Also any idea which CTO office I should go to pay this tax.

2:24 AM  
Blogger atul said...

Thanks for the usefull info.Could you tell me what are the timings of rta kondapur.

10:30 PM  
Blogger atul said...

Thanks for the usefull.Any idea what are the timings of rta kondapur?

10:31 PM  
Blogger Sreenu said...

Hi jayachandra,

I applied for a RC on 21/03/2012.but still i didn't get RC to my home.But in online it has showing my Reg.no.What can i do to get my RC?
Thabks in Adv..

6:16 AM  
Blogger arjun said...

hi, Jayachandra, I have bought a car in pune, which i am planning to bring it to hyderabad, i am planning to stay in the area of Kondapur, I know that one has to take the NOC from the first registered RTO office for transfer of registration to Kondapur RTO office, but after that I have no idea how to go about, will you please guide me who to register my car in Kondapur RTO office.

Arjun.

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can u give me attapur rta office contact number plzz

6:58 AM  
Blogger MONEY MAKING said...

Hi Jayachandra, I came across your blog while searching for vehicle registration process.I had a question hope you will be able to answer it.on 5th of july 2012 i regestar my new vehicle scooty pep+,but i dint got my organelle rc till now so what could be the problam

2:55 AM  
Blogger MONEY MAKING said...

Hi
Jayachandra, I came across your blog while searching for vehicle registration process.I had a question hope you will be able to answer it.on 5th july 2012 i regesterd a new vehicle what is scooty pep+,but i dint got my org RC till now,so what's the problem could be.

3:01 AM  
Blogger MONEY MAKING said...

Hi Jayachandra, I came across your blog while searching for vehicle registration process.I had a question hope you will be able to answer it.on 5th of july 2012 i regestar my new vehicle scooty pep+,but i dint got my organelle rc till now so what could be the problam

3:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Anyone knows how long it takes to get a RC book after registration is done?

My agent told I have some issues with address proof ( I just moved to hyd) and so my registration might not go through

8:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hi,
Does anyone know how long it takes to get the RC book?
I went to Kondapur office, but my agent said that since I don't have a good address proof , my registration won't go through. He asked for some money to "take care of it" and I refused - just said to him to submit the documents I had.

Guru

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I have rent agreement from owner(not registered one but its on a stamp paper) and also the electricity bill in owners name as address proof. Will this be sufficient for vehicle registration in Kondapur RTO?

3:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Sambhav, Hope you have already got your answer,
1) If not. then you need to pay entry tax in AP for outside vehical < 15 months

2) to pay tax you need to go to comercial tax building in nampally, near gandhi bhavan.

3)depending upon your area of residence you need to go to specific deptt/ floor.

4) ask anyone they will redirect you to correct point of person.

5) they will give a form fill it and go straight to SBH counter in one of the building to pay challan.

6) once challan is paid come back to same officer, and ask him to provide you Form M3 ( order form).


taks this form and goto RTA and fill relevent details to get permanent number from your area RTA.


~Amit

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home