Thursday, June 23, 2005

Nostalgia about college days

I was trying to organize the frivolously scattered away content on my PC when I found a folder named 'GDIT2kYearBook'. Double clicking the folder is the reason why I'm blogging around now here. A reel of scenes passed right infront of my eyes as I began to see several documents present in there. They are mostly just individual profiles of my classmates and the comments that others had then to say to each one of them. But since the batch is a 140 strong one, that itself is quite a lot. Those early days when we were intially alloted rooms as per our roll numbers wished me 'Hi buddy! do you remember how nice we were to you'. The term roll numbers made me involutarily recall what are the roll numbers of my dear ones. I had tough time recollecting them, for I barely used to proxy for anyone. Even if I did, I never used to do it to any particular set on a daily basis as some of my other peers used to :). So that makes it difficult now to recollect roll numbers. Having failed to recollect the roll numbers in a manner that I myself am convinced at, I thought can I find them somewhere at the college site? Strange! Those ids without which nothing used to move even an inch, be it academic work or mess registration or gate pass ... when we spent our time there, doesn't even seem to have a record anywhere on the college site once we are out. Of course, at least I was able to find a graduation program wise sorted listed of all old students. As I scrolled through the list of names of my classmates ( 140 is a long list, isn't it?) tears whirlled, unknowingly, into my eyes. Oh well! I can't say that the reason is unknown. If I take time and analyse why that happened, I end up in 'that's what might be what they call Nostalgia'. Without my intention a series of incidents such as day to day fun/pun we friends used to have amongst overselves, the basketball court, the TV room, the mess (yuck! but sometimes its nice also), the classroom (I'm comfortable calling it Seminar Hall), the canteen, the roads every inch of my alma mater babbled with my mind. The hostel though, took the largest share of time my mind wavered across the whole campus life. Only after I poured out my feelings I'm feeling relaxed, lest I would have got too depressed with my own nostalgia. Should I say leading such a nice campus life is a boon? or bane? Huh! I am too confused to think on it anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home